So Jay (aka Dude of the House) tagged me in a blog post a while ago. Now, the honorable thing would have been to wait a year before acknowledging it, but I have no honor left, so I waited a month.
I'm supposed to answer these 7 questions, then add 10 random things about myself. I follow orders.
- What is your favorite song?
- Damn... I'm already stuck? Maybe "Is She Really Going Out With Him?" by Joe Jackson? Or "Sulk" by Radiohead, because of the bass line? Or "You and I" by Stevie Wonder? Or "Broken Heart" by Spiritualized? Or "Waiting for Superman" by The Flaming Lips? Or "August & September" by The The? I can go back in time, too. How about "Comfortably Numb"? Or freakin' "Stairway to Heaven"? That's a great song as long as you take a decade break between playing it. Or I can go even further! Why not Sinatra singing "Body and Soul"? What about "The Cinema Show" by Genesis? How about "Scent of Lime" by The Long Winters? My head is exploding... Can I move on already? "Venus as a Boy" by Bjork. "Little Trip to Heaven" by Tom Waits. Alright, that's enough.
- Desert? Seriously? OK... I haven't been to THAT MANY deserts, to be honest. I've been to the desert in Israel and it's beautiful, but I can't really compare it to other deserts. Was it supposed to be dessert? Because then it's Nutella.
- I go, "Arrrrrghhhhhhhghhhhhhhhghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!" You know Inspector Clouseau's boss from the original movies? The one with the gun lighter? That's me.
- We adopted two Pit Bulls in 2000. One of them, now 16, is still with us, and she's the greatest, stinkiest creature on Earth. I don't get cats. And I don't get small dogs.
- White. Gotta live a little.
- I'm afraid of fire. Does that count, or was I supposed to put something meaningful, like regret?
- I probably have undiagnosed bipolar disorder. I move quickly from "I'm old and pointless" to "It's a Wonderful Life."
And now, I must add 10 random things about myself. Here goes:
- I once worked for the security team on one of the Queen's parades in London. I had one those ear-pieces even. I was supposed to look at the crowd the whole time, but I couldn't help myself, and I turned around when the Queen passed with her freakin' chariot. She did that wave she does. You know, the wrist-wave. She looked like the Queen from the Naked Gun movies.
- I played bass in a band in London for 5 years. I was a Rock-God, to be more precise.
- I'm an Israeli, and I was in the military in Israel for 3 years. I consider it a waste of everybody's time, to be honest. I pride myself on being a terrible soldier.
- I jumped off a bridge in Israel. A bunch of us in our unit did that. The guy who jumped next to me later died from a landmine in Lebanon.
- Obviously, I have issues.
- And to lighten up a bit: I danced in a cage once. In a gay club. Yea... You never really know where life will lead you, do you...
- My mom caught me stealing some candy when I was a kid, and she gave me THE LOOK. I haven't stolen anything since.
- I had a near-death experience once. With the tunnel (looked more like eye of the hurricane), and the light, and the clear decision to "stay away from the light" and everything. My wife says I was just drunk, though.
- I love being a father, but the responsibility is overwhelming.
- I love being a husband too, and the responsibility is just as overwhelming. I've taken the best years of her life!!! Poor thing was 22 when we shared our first beer. I was 54.
- I wasn't really 54.
So there's that. Sorry if I depressed you. This stuff is always and forever at the back of my mind.
Now I need to tag others? I know not everyone likes doing these things, so I promise I won't be offended if you ignore this tag or complain and call me bad names. Here are the five bloggers I shall indeed tag today:
- Tommy from Life of Dad
- Brent from Designer Daddy
- Lee from Souvenirs of Fatherhood
- James from Luke, I am Your Father
- John from Daddy's in Charge?